Thursday, June 2, 2016

Game of Thrones meets The Hobbit under the auspices of The Dark Crystal

Some time ago I began making little gnome like creatures which were unofficially called Lumpies. Then after selling a few of them I had a dream in which I wrote a story about the Lumpies and other similar creatures. In my dream the book was hailed as 'Game of Thrones meets The Hobbit under the auspices of The Dark Crystal'.
The next day I began this picture which I have been posting updates of. A while after I began the drawing I sent a photo to my son, Gabriel Hooper, who took one look at it and said, 'I dreamt that last night!'. I have taken this as a sign that I need to follow through with this epic illustrated story for older children.
Here is the more, or less, finished first illustration.

No comments: